Thanksgiving is a wonderful time of year! The weather has finally cooled off, I’ve been making memories with my husband, families are coming together to celebrate, and everyone just seems a little bit happier. Let’s be thankful for all of these blessings God has given us.
Time and again, throughout God’s Word, we see His people expressing thankfulness for God’s righteousness, His goodness, His love, and His peace, just to name a few. As you read through these verses, pray them over your life.
I encourage you to look them up (you can see them in context by clicking on the verse reference) and explore what they mean for you and how they can impact your life. Most of all, I encourage you to be thankful this holiday season; thankful for your family, for the blessings in your life, and for God’s grace and goodness. 🙂
1. “I will give thanks to the Lord because of His righteousness; I will sing the praises of the name of the Lord Most High.” – Psalm 7:17
God’s righteousness overrides our sin; that is a wonderful blessing, and He is worthy of our praise!
2. “So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live your lives in Him, rooted and built up in Him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness.” – Colossians 2:6-7
We can be thankful because we have been given salvation through Christ our Lord and He is constantly strengthening and growing us.
3. “Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful, and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe, for our ‘God is a consuming fire.'” – Hebrews 12:28-29
We are receiving the kingdom of God! What a blessing to be thankful for!
4. “Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good; His love endures forever.” – 1 Chronicles 16:34
God’s love is for us and lasts throughout all generations, until the end of time. I’m so thankful for His unconditional love!
5. “Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful.” – Colossians 3:15
We are part of a wonderful body of believers, and God has given us His peace. I couldn’t live without that peace!
6. “Enter His gates with thanksgiving and His courts with praise; give thanks to Him and praise His name. For the Lord is good and His love endures forever; His faithfulness continues through all generations.” – Psalm 100:4-5
The Lord is GOOD! His love endures FOREVER! His faithfulness is for ALL GENERATIONS! My heart is thankful!
7. “Now, our God, we give You thanks, and praise Your glorious name.” – 1 Chronicles 29:13
We can praise God and be thankful for who He is; He is our God!
Now it’s your turn. What verses inspire thankfulness in your heart? What are you most thankful for this holiday season? Leave me a comment and let me know!
Explore more Scripture: