When it’s cold outside, there’s nothing more comforting than coming home and eating a hearty, healthy meal for dinner! But can I make a confession? I don’t like soup! 🙈 I know, I’m crazy, right?? Soup can be a hearty, healthy winter meal (and cheap!), but it just doesn’t work in our house, so I’ve had to come up with some different meals to fill us up AND warm us up on those cold winter nights! Keep reading to find links to 26 of my FAVORITE hearty & healthy winter meals! 🙂 (For more recipes that I love, hop on over to Pinterest and follow my food board!)
(This post may contain affiliate links. For my full disclosure policy, click here.)
My husband is hard-working man, so when he comes home at night, he needs a hearty meal! But we also lead a healthy lifestyle, and we shop on a budget, so I essentially perform a juggling act each night to get a hearty, healthy, budget-friendly dinner on the table! 😉 I’ve cooked up some meals that we absolutely didn’t love, but thankfully, I’ve also found quite a few that we want to eat over and over again, and those are the ones I’m sharing with you! I’m sharing the main dishes, which are healthy by themselves, but we also pair vegetables or a salad with each one of these. 🙂 (If the meal has a recipe online, I’ve linked up to the pin, so that you can save it for yourself on Pinterest!)Need some new dinner ideas? Try these hearty, healthy meals! Click To Tweet
- Pizza: Start with a whole wheat crust, then add any meat and load it up with spinach and bell peppers! Or try a chicken alfredo pizza!
- Spinach & Bell Pepper Chicken Breasts: Guilt-free, easy to make, full of flavor, and super filling!
- Hamburgers: Using an indoor grill like this one gives your burgers awesome flavor, even in the dead of winter.
- Porcupine Meatballs: One of my favorites growing up! These are perfectly paired with potatoes and some green bean fries.
- Barbecue Sausage: Take a package of your favorite sausage, slice it up, and throw it in a saucepan with some good ole BBQ sauce (here’s my favorite)!
- Enchiladas: Fill them with whatever meat and veggies you like. I like to make my own enchilada sauce to make it a little healthier!
- Rice Bowl: Brown rice, chicken breasts, and roasted broccoli bring this dish together. Try topping it with soy sauce and honey; our favorite!
- Oven Fried Chicken: Surprisingly healthy, makes a ton, and much easier to clean up after. 😉
- Tacos: Start with homemade tortillas, then make your own taco seasoning, and load ’em up with spinach and your favorite veggies!
- Chicken & Broccoli Fettuccine Alfredo: Tasty, warm, filling, and Italian food always wins in our house. 🙂
- Crock Pot Chicken: Season with paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper and place it on foil balls. Cook on low for 4 to 6 hours; pair with salad or shred it and add to another dish.
- Parmesan Pork Chops: These are moist and delicious, and taste great with any vegetables and potatoes!
- Spaghetti: We go classic with noodles, sauce, and ground beef, then pair it with salad and breadsticks. 🙂
- Skillet Meatballs & Rice: The rice is a little tricky, but this dish is SO flavorful!
- Baked Potatoes: I love to add butter, sour cream, cheese, and any kind of meat (ham is always my favorite)!
- Chicken Strips: For when you’re feeling young at heart, and want something easy and delicious. 🙂
- Roasted Sausage & Veggies: Chop up broccoli, cauliflower, onion, and bell peppers, add slices of sausage, and roast at 425 for 30 to 45 minutes.
Warm yourself up with these hearty, healthy winter meals that AREN'T soup! Click To Tweet
- Pasta Bake: I like to add broccoli and mix up half tomato sauce with half Alfredo sauce.
- Crock Pot Pulled Pork: This one’s easy: throw in a pork tenderloin, add your favorite BBQ sauce (here’s my favorite) and 1/2 cup of water, and let it cook on high for 4 to 6 hours!
- Chicken Thighs: I like to roast potatoes with these and serve it up with roasted broccoli.
- Meatloaf: I make it simple: one pound of ground beef, one egg, one cup of breadcrumbs, and one can of tomato sauce. 🙂
- Crock Pot Barbecue Pork Chops: These are my favorite to cook for Sunday lunch!
- Grilled Sausage: Grab your favorite sausage, slice it up, and throw it on the indoor grill for an easy, hearty dinner!
- Crock Pot Chicken Tacos: I like to serve these with corn tortillas, sour cream, cheese, and spinach. 🙂
- Chicken Bacon Wraps: This is our go-to quick dinner! Tortillas, bacon, chicken breasts, cheese, and salad or spinach is all that you need.
- Breakfast For Dinner: Whip up some whole wheat waffles, cook your favorite meat, and scramble some eggs; everyone will be happy! 🙂
If you’re following a particular diet, such as Whole 30 or low carb, you may not see some of these recipes as healthy. However, when they are paired with vegetables or salad and other healthy sides, you can feel confident that you’re serving your family hearty and healthy winter meals! 🙂
Now it’s your turn. What healthy winter meals does your family enjoy? Which of these meals sounds the best?