With Valentine’s Day approaching, many of us are focused on how we can love our husband in big ways: buy him a new watch, cook him a gourmet dinner, go all out and spend the big bucks. And that’s great, but Valentine’s Day isn’t every day, and I can’t cook a gourmet dinner every night. This year, I want to be more intentional, and one of the ways I want to be intentional is in loving my husband. Sure, I tell him “I love you” approximately 674 times a day, but am I being intentional in SHOWING him that I love him every day? Most days, the answer is no. If you’re like me, you might need these 21 ways to intentionally love your husband every day.
The big gestures are fun, but I want to focus on ways that I can intentionally show my love every day. I’ve teamed up with some other wonderful bloggers to bring you a few of our favorite ways that we show love to our husbands through little acts and gestures! We may not do all of these every single day, but when we do, our husbands know that we love them and care for them. 🙂Looking for some ways to be more intentional in showing your husband that you love him? Click To Tweet
- Leave him a little note. I like to sneak notes into Caleb’s lunch box. 🙂
- Cook a meal that he enjoys. (Idea from Ro at Chicken and Bliss) Nothing makes my husband smile more than homemade chicken alfredo.
- Wash his car. Caleb drives an old beat-up Tahoe, but even he likes to have a shiny car!
- Send him encouraging and loving text messages. (Idea from Lauren at Bellows in the Berkshires) Every man wants to pull out his phone and see “you’re a good husband” in the middle of a work day!
- Watch his favorite movie with him. This is especially intentional if it’s a movie that you don’t enjoy as much.
- Don’t let him help with cleaning up dinner. (Idea from Susannah at Simple Moments Stick) Give him a break from Tupperware duty and let him relax.
- Tell him that you appreciate him. I love that my husband works so hard to provide for us, and I try to tell him that every day.
- Clean up his plate/pick up his trash after a meal. (Idea from Katherine at Newson Natural Living) And do it with a service-minded heart! 🙂
- Wash/fold his laundry. This is one of the things my husband appreciates most about me.
- Listen when he talks. (Idea from Alena at Ladies Like Us) Respect him by valuing what he has to say.
- Bake his favorite treat. Apple crisp or fresh brownies are Caleb’s favorites. 🙂
- Give him time to watch his favorite shows/channels. (Idea from Lauren at Bellows in the Berkshires) Even if you don’t love it or watch with him, he’ll see the heart behind it.
- Start a thank you jar. Every day, write down something about him that you’re thankful for, and let him read them all the end of the month.
- Hug and kiss him as he leaves for and comes home from work. (Idea from Joy at Joy Lynn) It’s the sweetest way to start and end a day apart. 🙂
Show love to your husband every day with these little gestures and acts! Click To Tweet
- Pray for him. What better way to love your husband than by praying God’s blessings over him?
- Put gas in the car while you’re out. (Idea from Abby at Winstead Wandering) Meeting his practical needs is the easiest way to show love.
- Surprise him at work. If he has a job where this is possible, bring him a snack or just show up to say “I love you”.
- Find out his love language and show love in that way. (Idea from Elena at Beautiful Hope) Whether it’s act of service, physical touch, or one of the others, he will feel the most love when you communicate in his language! 🙂
- Call him. Texting is great, but calling him during a work break lets him hear how much you love him.
- Ask him, “What is one thing I can do today to make your day easier?” (Idea from Natasha at Natasha Byrd) He might need something specific, and you can love him the best by meeting that need.
- Go on a walk/run/hike/bike ride together. Pick an activity he enjoys and do it together!
Ladies, I encourage you to try these out and be intentional in loving your husband. We have the power to make or break our husbands, and I pray that you will show your love in such a way as to build your husband up to be the best he can be. Pick one or two of these and see how much it makes him smile and feel loved. I guarantee you’ll want to do even more after that! 🙂
Now it’s your turn. What’s your favorite way to show your husband that you love him? Is there anything you would add to this list?