I’m a list maker. I love lists. I have a list of blog posts that are coming, a list of baby items that we need, a to-do list for the day and the week, but somehow, I’ve never been the person to make a thankful list. To be honest, it seemed ridiculous; I know what I’m thankful for, so why do I need a list? But this year, my heart is just too full. It’s bursting with joy and thankfulness, and I just can’t keep it inside. So for the first time ever, here is what I’m thankful for.
- The grace of God. If you follow me on Instagram, you’ve seen a lot of my appreciation for my Savior recently. I just can’t help it; my heart is so full during this season. God saved me as a young child, and though I’ve had my moments of rebellion, my heart has always come back to Him. God pours out His grace, His favor, and His love on me on a daily basis, and it brings me to tears. He is so good, even when I am not. To be thankful for Christ is what Thanksgiving is all about.
- My husband. Caleb is such a blessing in my life. We spent the holidays together last year as a dating couple, and this is our first year celebrating as a married couple. I am so thankful for a husband who loves me unconditionally, who works unbelievably hard to provide for our family, who leads us towards Christ with a pure and strong heart, and who fights for what is right in this world. He is truly my best friend, and my heart is so thankful for him.
- Our little one. I’m 21 weeks pregnant with our first child, and what a complete blessing this pregnancy has been. Caleb and I prayed so much for this child before I was pregnant, and we have prayed for him or her every day since. As I feel his or her little kicks on an hourly basis (ninja in training), I can’t help but tear up at the thought of who this child will be. Maybe he will be a pastor, maybe she will be an artist. But most of all, I am thankful for the opportunity to guide this child towards the Lord. What an honor that I don’t deserve.
- My family and my in-laws. Y’all, my family rocks. If you ever want to hang out with the greatest people in the world, just come on and join us. They are fun and loving and know what it means to connect with each other. I am so thankful for a family that loves so deeply and strongly. Caleb also comes from an amazing and loving family. They accepted me as one of their own long before Caleb and I even thought about dating, and my memories with them are some of the greatest. I am so thankful that we will get to spend time with both of our families during Thanksgiving.
- YOU! Yes, you! When I started this blog in June, I didn’t know what would come of it, at all. I thought it might crash and burn, but somehow, by the sheer grace of God, it has flourished. I’ve met some wonderful people through this journey, and it has been so fun. I love sharing my heart with you, and I love when you share yours with me. This blog brings my heart joy on a daily basis, and I am so thankful for each and every one of you.
To bring even more thankfulness into your heart this holiday season, be sure to read 7 Verses To Inspire Thankfulness and give thanks to the Lord for the many blessings in your life. Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!
Now it’s your turn. What are you most thankful for this year?