It’s almost Thanksgiving! I love this time of year! The weather has finally cooled off, I’ve been making memories with my husband, families are coming together to celebrate, and everyone just seems a little bit happier. 🙂 But it’s also a crazy season for so many of us. We’re traveling across the state, trying to see both families, bringing food to different celebrations … It can be a little bit stressful. So before we jump head first into the Thanksgiving celebrations, I want to take a few moments to inspire thankfulness in your heart. We all have so much to be thankful for, and I want us to remember and reflect on that. Take a moment to breathe, and let’s look at 7 verses to inspire thankfulness.
Time and again, throughout God’s Word, we see His people expressing thankfulness for God’s righteousness, His goodness, His love, and His peace, just to name a few. As you read through these verses, pray them over your life. I encourage you to look them up (you can see them in context by clicking on the verse reference) and explore what they mean for you and how they can impact your life. Most of all, I encourage you to be thankful this holiday season; thankful for your family, for the blessings in your life, and for God’s grace and goodness. 🙂
1. “I will give thanks to the Lord because of His righteousness; I will sing the praises of the name of the Lord Most High.” – Psalm 7:17
2. “So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live your lives in Him, rooted and built up in Him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness.” – Colossians 2:6-7
3. “Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful, and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe, for our ‘God is a consuming fire.'” – Hebrews 12:28-29
4. “Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good; His love endures forever.” – 1 Chronicles 16:34
5. “Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful.” – Colossians 3:15
6. “Enter His gates with thanksgiving and His courts with praise; give thanks to Him and praise His name. For the Lord is good and His love endures forever; His faithfulness continues through all generations.” – Psalm 100:4-5
7. “Now, our God, we give You thanks, and praise Your glorious name.” – 1 Chronicles 29:13
Now it’s your turn. What verses inspire thankfulness in your heart? What are you most thankful for this holiday season?